Monday, July 30, 2012

Okay...THAT freaked me out!


Here are this week's...
Random Facts and Tidbits

Random Courting the Flame Fact:
Until the 19th century, Boston’s Back Bay area was literally Boston’s…back bay. Thanks to a 19th century filling project, though, the Back Bay is now synonymous with Victorian brownstones and high-end boutiques. I’m sooooo glad Michael Turner decided to open his gallery there (wink, wink). What a perfect choice!   









Diana DeCameron Tidbit:
I’ve had crazy dreams my entire life. From as far back as I can remember dreams have always invaded my sleep. Thankfully, most are entertaining. The polar bear dancing in a pink tu tu had me laughing for weeks.

There have been a few dreams, however, that I’ve found to be a bit, well...unsettling. The most vivid example happened when I was 16 years old. I remember awakening to a strange noise. Buzzzzz, buzzzzz, buzzzzz. The sound fluctuated in intensity as it pulled me from my slumber. I opened my eyes and surveyed the room, my mind still fuzzy with sleep. Buzzzzzzz, buzzzzzzz, buzzzzzzz. The sound continued. I rolled from my right side to my left and that’s when I saw it…an orange glowing figure, very loosely drawn for lack of a better description, standing beside my bed.

Strangely unafraid, I narrowed my eyes and focused on it. With what appeared to be a raised arm, the fiery colored orb said, “It’s all right. I’m here now,” in a distinctly male voice and then it touched my arm. The buzzing screamed in my ears when it made contact. Still unafraid, I reached out toward the glowing…thing, but this time it slowly backed away, eventually disappearing into my wall.

Okay, that part freaked me out and I jolted up from my bed (for real this time). Did I mention that I was sleeping and that I sometimes have strange dreams? Anyway, I’m 43 years old now, but I can still remember that dream as if it happened yesterday. In case you’re wondering…no, the orange glowing entity never returned. At least...(scans anxiously from side to side) not yet.  

More Random Facts and Tidbits to come.
Have a great week, everyone.