Sunday, August 19, 2012

Short and "Sweet"


Here are this week's...
Random Facts and Tidbits.

Random Courting the Flame Fact:

Soooo…which character are you?”

I get that question all the time from family and friends. I think they assume my answer is going to be leading lady, Gracie Clarke. It’s a fair assumption, I suppose. They’re family and friends. They know me well, and yes…there are many parts of Gracie’s personality that clearly mirror my own. We share the same speaking patterns. We’re both slightly neurotic. About many things, LOL. But if I were to answer that question 100% truthfully, there’s a bit of me in every character in Courting the Flame…even the really rotten ones.

That’s the thing about being an author. You get to explore parts of your psyche that you didn’t even know existed. I find it to be quite therapeutic. As I’ve said before, I’m a “pantser”. When I sit down to write, I fly from the seat of my pants. Sure, I have a vague idea of where I’m going. I know how my story will begin and how it will end, but much of what happens in between is just as much of a shock to you as it is to me. There were many instances while writing Courting the Flame when I found myself in the middle of a scene and something would pop up on my computer and I’d be like…”Whoa. Where the heck did that come from?!” (Shivers) But in the end, it’s all good. And…it’s makes for a great story.

Soooo…which character is…’the hubby’?”

That’s the second question I always get…to which I respond, “Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha…” Loudly. My husband’s not a fan of fiction, and he’d certainly never allow himself to get pulled into one of my stories, LOL. Seriously, though, the male characters in Courting the Flame are a culmination of every single “male character” I’ve ever interacted with…in one lifetime or another.

Which brings us to the third most popular question I get from family and friends?

Soooo…do you really believe in all that ‘reincarnation’ stuff?”

Hmmmm. That’s a really good question…and one that I’ll save for another blog entry. Come on…I have to give you a reason to come back.
   
Diana DeCameron Tidbit:

This week’s ‘Diana Tidbit’ is short and “sweet”. Chocolate covered caramels. That’s right. I’m addicted to chocolate covered caramels. Can’t get enough of the things. In my opinion, they should definitely be one of the major food groups. Most definitely!


More Random Facts and Tidbits to come. Oh…and while I have your attention, I’m going to reiterate something from last week. Reader reviews for Courting the Flame are starting to roll in. All of them extremely positive. If you’ve already read Courting the Flame and are willing to share your thoughts, I’d love to hear from you, as well. Feel free to leave your reviews at museituppublishing.com, goodreads.com, or Amazon.com.

As always...
Until we meet again, make it a great week!
Oh...and more Facts and Tidbits to come.